ActionScript Thread Library 1.0 (Soumen)
ActionScript Thread Library 1.0 (Soumen) is a pseudo thread library based on task system and Java's thread model.
It enables to write the event processing, asynchronous processing, and realtime processing code smart and simple to understand which frequently become complex and tedium.
Ofcourse, it works fine to the interrupt, cancellation and the exception handling. Let's use thread and get away from the event listener hell.
- MXP package for Windows (Flash CS3)
- MXP package for Mac OSX (Flash CS3)
- SWC package (Flex Builder, Flex SDK, !FLashDevelop, etc)
- source archive & samples
- The document of ActionScript Thread Library 1.0 (Soumen)
- The ASDoc of ActionScript Thread Library 1.0 (Soumen)
- 「FlickrSphere」 - Mapping the Flickr's photo to the sphere based on color. Flash
- source code (You can get the source arichive from Download)
- Almost all processing are written using thread.
- Please refer Document for other sample.
official number0 website
I could write the page transition animation and reading process of the external file code with no stress.
So, I could concentrate to the trial and error for realizing the ideas in my head.
I felt "Don't sure the reason but it is pleasant to use", compare to similar existence library.
I can not live without "Soumen" anymore.
Photozou New Slideshow
The first real case that used the Soumen. It was able to implent the reading photo list and on demand image loading, the cooperative process with server like read ahead process, animation and transition process and the view part as UI handling process very fast using Soumen.
So, we can make much time for tunning and testing the application.
Waiting for the Showcase
We are waiting the showcase using ActionScript Thread Library 1.0 (Soumen) in your project.
Please refer the format and note below and send to beinteractive.org(at)gmail.com.
- Project Name
- The creator or company name and the URL
- The URL of the production
- Simple comment
If you have specific thumbnail image, send to us also.
We will not publish the project offends the public order and morals.
- 2008.06.29 Released the ActionScript Thread Library 1.0 (Soumen)
Licensed under the MIT License Copyright (c) 2008 BeInteractive! (www.be-interactive.org) and Spark project (www.libspark.org) Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
- Design & Program: yossy:beinteractive
- Special thanks: soundkitchen (Alpha Soumener, Debug, Advice and Documenation), minaco (Alpha Soumener, Samples and Panda), taka:nium (Advice and Progression)
- Supported by: Spark project
If you have something please write to Forum.