- What is "Spark project"?
- Nice to Meet You! : Introduction of Spark project
- Get More Fun! in Spark project
- Let's Join Spark project As a Committer
- Dear Committers
- You Want to Know More?
What is "Spark project"?
Spark project is Open Source Community for Flash/ActionScript development. Our mission statement is "Share the source code and know-how of Flash/ActionScript , and be happy together!"
If you are new to Spark project, then you can go to For Beginners.
- Once you commit, you are our Bros. (=be happy together!)
- Once you commit, the code is for everybody(=welcome modification from other committers)
- "Commit, Share and Add more and more!!"
Nice to Meet You! : Introduction of Spark project
This is introduction of Spark project.
Using a Source Code
Everybody can use all the source code under Spark project as you follow the license of code. (the license is written in ecah project pages or code itself.)
First of all, please check the project page. You will find out the source code, zip file or instruction to use source code.
If you can not find out the project page or any instruction, download/SVNCheckout from the Subversion repository directory.
Note: you can also refere zyass_tak's "how to use Spark project http://www.level-zyass.net/log/2008/05/spark-project.html" (Japanese only)
How to Share the Information
Wiki is useful to share the information and know-how. Everybody can edit Wiki freely.
Besides, you can use Forum for sharing ideas, chatting and discussion.
Send Us Feedback
Find bugs on source code? Any request for the Spark project? you can use Ticket to send feedback.
Become a Committer
#Once you become Committer, then you allow more!
Get More Fun! in Spark project
Here are more detail introductions for tools and services of Spark project.
Spark project use Subversion as version controll system to manage/share the source code.
We call the file sharing address as "Repository".
The following URL is the repository of Spark Project. You can see the files in repository via brawser access.
With Repository Browser, you can see the repository in detail.
File URL in Repository
For example, if you want to access the following file;
Then, it will be like as following URL
We call "Checkout" to download the files from Repository in Subversion.
You can Checkout to access address in the repository and download file and directory.
We call "Commit" to modify files in Repository and upload new files.
To do commit, you need to Become Committer.
Spakr project is Wiki base, so everybody can add and edit easily and free.
- wiki.libspark.org -- Everybody can edit here. Share your information and know-hows.
- www.libspark.org -- Only Committer can edit this Wiki. Use it as your project pages.
Creating New Pages
Here is the step how to create new pages
1. As 1st step, you need to create link info of Wiki page(which is your landing page) 2. You will find "Page generate(ページ作成)" button, then click it 3. Write down the contents, and save it.
Editing The Pages
Here is the step how you can edit the pages.
1. Click "Edit page(ページの編集)" button on the bottom of the page 2. Edit the contents , and save it.
Spark project provides you the forum powered by XOOPS Once you register in the forum, you can write, chat and discuss.
Spark project is based on Trac project management tool , then you can use Trac's service like following:
Note: to login Trac, you need to enter /login and enter your account info.
Also, we provided RSS feeds , so you can check what's going on with your RSS readers.
Repository Browser is useful to see Subversion Repository with your browser. You can see current Repository status as well as archives of logs/versions.
Spark project use Ticket system to control bug reports, enhance request and feedback
View The Status of Ticket
Register New Ticket
Everybody can register Ticket. You do not have to become committer to register/submit Ticket.
Ticket Registration requirement:
- Your Name:
- Ticket Categories as followings:
1.defect:report for bug 2.task:report for must-to-do 3.enhancement:to request enhancement 4.discussion:we welcome any topic if you can not figure out the category, please select 'dicussion'.
- Overview of Ticket/describe what you want to submit briefly
- Contents of Ticket/please explain your subject in detail
< ticket sample > Now, Yossy found the bug on HogeLibrary and wants to report for the developer. He starts to register Ticket as;
- Your Name : Yossy
- Ticket Category : defect
- Overview of Ticket : I can not control xxx on HogeLibrary
- Contents of Ticket : I am following your instruction to use HogeLibrary. But once I do aaa & bbb, then ccc doesn't accept xxx. Reproducing process is 1. mmmmmm 2. nnnnnnn 3. oooooo.
Especially you want to submit "defect" to report bug, reproduction process is important .
How to Modify Ticket
You can also add your comments on the registered Ticket to promote more. Besides, once you become a Committer, you can control the status and manage more. What you can control for the status are following:
- Working on a Ticket : Status that you working on the ticket. i.g. you can use this status when you start to fix the bug.
- Fixed a Ticket : Status that you have done your job on the ticket.
- Invalid a Ticket : Status that you figure out the Ticket is invalid. i.g. the reported bug is not the bug(report error).
- Wontfix a Ticket : Status that you do not have to take care of this Ticket. i.g. This is not a bud, but a specification
- Duplicate a Ticket : Status that the ticket is duplicated submitted.
- Worksforme : Status that the bug is also happened in the other project. ref.
Once the status change to "close", the Ticket will disappear from the un-worked list. On the other hand, you can pass-back the Ticket, Status.
Milestone is useful to manage the release schedule, new version update for your project.
Review the Milestone
Register The Milestone
You can register a new Milestone with a button of "Registrate Milestone" on Roadmap. You need a name, target release date and discription of Milestone.
You need a Commtter authority to register a Milestone.
Let's Join Spark project As a Committer
And here in Spark project, Committers get more benefit!!
We always welcome Committers, so feel free to join us! :)
How To Become a Spark Committer ?
Just send e-mail for email@example.com with following information.
- Username(which you want to have)
- Password OR SHA1 HASH of password (which you want to have)
Committers can get the following advantages/rights:
- Subversion Commit for Repository
- Login for Trac
- You have right to Add / Edit Wiki pages on www.libspark.org
- Modify Ticket
- Register Milestone
What You Can Do, If You Are Non-Committer
- Subversion Checkout from Repository
- You have right to Add / Edit Wiki pages on www.libspark.org
- Post comments for the Forum
- Review Timeline
- Review Repository Browser
- Review the list of Ticket
- Register a Ticket
- Revie Milestone
Hello! my dear Committers! :D Here you can get the information for the committers, please take a look.
Let's Start Here! Introduction For The Committers
WELCOME TO THIS SPARK PROJECT! Nice to meet you as committers. Here is the step how to login, and utilize Spark project:
1. Create and check your account in Trac Login. If you have any trouble on log-in, please contact with firstname.lastname@example.org. 2. After your successful login, please introduce yourself on Toppage & Committers on the bottom. If you have any trouble in editing the page, please see Wiki page editing. 3. You can freely use and Commit for the Subversion Repository based on Layout rules 4. Ticket and Milestone also help your Spark project engagement.
Have a nice Flash & ActionScript life with Spark project!
http://wwww.libspark.org/(language)/(the name of library)
- language: as2, as3, mxp ... etc
- the name of library: the name of library or project
In short, the only rule is to keep the root as provided categories. You can create your own directory / folder and , let's enjoy Commit ! You can freely change the layout, the name. Besides, please add the language, too.
In addition to that, please take a look for Recommended Commit address.
Recommended Name of Library for Committers
It will be nice if your package names as org.libspark.utils
Working progress, study , labs:
http://wwww.libspark.org/(language)/Study/(the name of Study)
The Name of Package
You can use your original package name for the class. You can use own/favorite domain. Besides, "org.libspark " domain is free to use. You can use it if you want :)
Commit for HTML File
You can get automatic HTML pages once you commit for Spark project.
For example, if you commit file here:
Then you can access it with following URL.
For example, more in detail;
Once you commit following :
You can access with following URL.
We provid ASDoc as following URL, so please use it.
Closing Ticket with Commit Log
We call "Commit Log" as a comment on a Commit. If you want to solve/close the problems on a Ticket , you can use this Commit Log.
You fix the problem of aaaaaa on Ticket #256. Then you should write Comment Log as following.
I fixed aaaaaa (fixed: #256)
So, Comment Log is like this.
fixed: #Ticket number
It is useful when you want to solve&close the Ticket at the same timing of Commitment. (for example).
How to Create The Project Page and Link
When you commit new library or project, please open a new page on Spark Wiki and describe or promote what you did. You do not have to worry about how fancy it is. Simple message is strong enough.
How to edit and add the link of top page? Here is the example steps.
Here is the reference. You can create your own genre as following:
=== Graphic / Color (AS3) === #graphics-and-color-as3
note: please make it posted in <div id="spark-projects">.
Create your own genre:
=== New Genre (AS3) === #new-genre-as3
note: after "#" is name of id. Please do not forget to create id with "#"
You can add your own libraries:
=== New Genre (AS3) === #new-genre-as3 * [wiki:NewLibrary New Library] * This is new library
At the end of these step, link to the related genre.
* [#flash-extension Flash Extension] * [#editor-plugin for the Editors] * [#new-genre-as3 New Genre] <-- This is what you created and added.
If you want to create English Wiki page, please put /en at the end of your URL.
For example, if you have already created following project.
Then, just add /en at the end of the URL! very simple!
You Want to Know More?
Here is other related informations
Spark project Off-line Study Sessions
You can check what's going on Spark project on Spark project Official Blog .
Once you follow Spark project's Twitter account, you can get Commit Log as live and communicate with followers just reply to the followers. Please follow me!
You can post the commited file in Spark project repository on your own blogs. Sample
Just copy & paste following codes.
You just replace "..." to the repository pass which you want to get.
For Example, if you want to post following file into your Blog parts:
You just need to change the part of "..." into /as3/Thread/src/org/libspark/thread/Thread.as.
Besides, you can use GET argument and add more options:
- w (width): Set the width of display. The value is same as width of HTML. If you skip this setting, it depends on each browser's.
- h (height): Set the height of display. The value is same as height of HTML. If you skip this setting, it depends on each browser's.
- r (revision): Set the revision of display. The value is equal as number of revision. If you skip this setting, it shows latest revision.
- l (Line): Set the line of the codes to display. There are options of values.
- 「n:m」 from line:n to line:m
- 「n:」 from line:n to the end
- 「:n」 from the beginning to line:n
- 「n」 line:n only
For example, if you want to show following setting, revision 151 , Line 10-20 of Thread.as , Width 100%, Height 300px.
If you need a logo of Spark project, here you can download freely.
- http://www.libspark.org/svn/png/libspark/ (Fireworks PNG)
Spark project is owned voluntarily. If you agree with OR want to support us, please help us as a donation.
We run this project with following staffs.
- Yoshihiro Shindo a.k.a yossy:beinteractive (BeInteractive!)
- Head / Manager / Lead Committer / System / Server
- fujista (fujista.jp)
- Committer / System / Server
- minaco (minaco.net)
- Sub-manager / Committer
- soundkitchen (Humming Via Kitchen)
- Committer / System / Server
You can reach Spark project with this e-mail : email@example.com